tisdag 18 september 2012

Another Word-dilemma, the Table of Contents

Once you let Word (2010, in my case) work for you, you'll rejoice over the simplicity of it all. Until you find something new that's annoying you to the brink of insanity. When I first inserted my Table of Contents (ToC) I had done everything according to instructions: I used the headings provided by Word, so I assumed it would be a piece of cake to add the ToC. It was nothing like a cake of any kind. There were 2 different fonts in the ToC and I tried to change them to the same font and font size manually, until I realized that Word does not work this way and I had to find an easier way. Once again I contacted the Word-expert at Åbo Akademi University, and she was once again helpful.

You simply choose your style when you insert the table the first time. Under "References" you find "Table of Contents" and then choose "Insert table of contents" and there you have the options to create a ToC of your choice.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar